Ethoca is a secure network for card issuers and merchants to connect and work cooperatively outside the payment network in a unique and powerful way!
Thousands of times a day, card issuers and merchants identify fraudulent and/or suspicious transactions that have gone undetected by the other party, resulting in fraud losses and chargeback costs to both. Ethoca closes the information gap between the card issuers and merchants, making this valuable information securely available in real-time.
Ethoca Alerts is the first service rolled out leveraging Ethoca’s global network of card issuers and online merchants. Ethoca’s direct-from-source card issuer data is used by merchants to stop the fulfillment of goods and services tied to fraudulent accounts on orders they are actively processing. Ethoca Alerts significantly reduces the time it takes for merchants to be alerted of confirmed fraud from the current three to six weeks, to minutes, hours or days! With Ethoca Alerts, merchants stop chargebacks at the source, reduce chargeback ratios, process more transactions, and reduce chargeback fees.
What are Ethoca Alerts?
Ethoca Alerts is a unique service that leverages Ethoca’s global network of card issuers and online merchants. Ethoca’s direct-from-source card issuer data, in the form of an alert, is used by merchants to stop the fulfillment of goods and services tied to fraudulent accounts on orders they are actively processing.
How will I benefit from Ethoca Alerts?
Ethoca Alerts significantly reduces the time it takes for merchants to be alerted of confirmed fraud by the card issuer from the current three to six weeks, to minutes, hours or days!
- Avoid the cnp fraud loss by stopping fraudulent orders you are actively processing.
- Prevent chargebacks and related costs (and for some merchants avoid exceeding chargeback limits).
- Use link-analysis to proactively identify fraudulent accounts and transactions before further losses result
- Uphold your brand and improve the customer experience
- Issuer: Issuer confirms fraud with the cardholder and then sends an advance notification to Ethoca of an impending chargeback.
- Ethoca: Instantaneously transmits this notification to the merchant.
- Merchant: Acts on the alert by issuing a refund before the card issuer issues a chargeback.
- Result: Avoid Chargeback.
Ethoca Alerts Portal Snapshot