Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2011, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London and Paris. Seven of the top ten ecommerce brands, six of the top ten U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 4,600 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team and help take on new projects as Ethoca continues to grow. The role will report to the Manager of Production Operations and work closely with the architectural, development & operational teams in the reliable, secure delivery of Ethoca’s services. The role will focus on Ethoca’s scalability, security, availability and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record operating Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms in a production environment, ideally within the ecommerce space. They will possess a wide variety of technical experience covering systems administration, networking, storage, security, virtualization and software deployment. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
- Support a highly available, highly secure production environment running on Linux using various different open source applications
- Set standards and define detailed processes for effectively managing a production environment with minimal downtime
- Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all hardware/software infrastructure components
- Be proactive and predictive, solve problems before they happen
- Embrace DevOps practices & methodologies
- Carefully plan application deployments, migrations and upgrades to minimize service impacts
- Provide application and product support and troubleshooting of the Ethoca platform
- Use your experience to shape the future of our production infrastructure
- Be willing to learn new technologies and assist with architecture and design
- Work efficiently within a high security environment (Ethoca is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified)
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
- 8+ years of Linux/Unix experience
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Participate in on-call shifts, our service runs 24/7
- JBOSS and/or Tomcat Experience
- VMware vSphere experience
- IBM WebSphere experience
- Security knowledge & experience (Ex. Encryption/Hardening/Certificates/PKI/SSH/VPN)
- Expert problem solver by applying problem analysis methodologies
- Networking experience (Ex. TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, load-balancers)
What Sets You Apart:
- Database experience (IBM DB2 a bonus)
- Ansible/Chef experience
- Apache Kafka experience
- Skill at automation (Ex. Orchestration, scripting or development)
- Nagios and Nagios custom monitoring experience
- Docker or equivalent container based technology experience
- Desire to automate everything, automate anything
- Systems architecture & design experience
- Software development education or experience
- Scripting and automation experience
- Desire to document everything
- PCI-DSS or similar experience (ex. financial/government/healthcare)
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
If you believe this is the right role for you, then address your application, with subject line :Senior Systems Administrator", to email@example.com.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.