Business Development ManagerMelbourne, Australia
Account Manager, Issuer RelationsPhoenix, AZ
IT Controls SpecialistToronto, ON
Sales Director, LATAM Issuer RelationsPhoenix, AZ
Senior AccountantToronto, ON
Sales Director - EMEALondon, United Kingdom
Senior Security ArchitectToronto, Canada
Full Stack DeveloperToronto, ON
HANA Development EngineerToronto, ON
HANA AdministratorToronto, ON
Software Developer In TestToronto, ON
Business Development Manager
Posted: January 19, 2017
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Business Development Executive - APAC
Ethoca is seeking a highly motivated and goal driven individual to add to our growing Asia Pacific team. The successful candidate will be tasked with driving revenue growth for its rapidly growing business and to provide local support for our existing customers. The Sales Consultant is a highly visible role within Ethoca. It is the first point of customer contact and, as such, plays a vital role in establishing a very positive customer relationship, which will be maintained through the sales cycle and beyond. There are also excellent career progression opportunities as the Asia Pacific team expands.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Dublin, Paris, Melbourne and Frankfurt.
Ethoca created the only network focused on faster, more effective communication between issuers and merchants. Thousands of times a day, the Ethoca Network enables major ecommerce brands, online merchants and banks to collaborate to accept more transactions, reduce fraud and protect customer relationships.
When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud and driving transaction acceptance. Ethoca Alerts closes the information and communication gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchants have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
We are looking to recruit an ambitious sales professional to support the growth of our business in the Asia Pacific Region:
- Methodically prospect up to executive level (through cold and warm campaigns) within target customers, by phone and email
- Input and track all prospecting and lead management activities in Salesforce.com
- Educate, and qualify inbound leads via phone and email to create sales-ready opportunities
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve, optimize end-to-end lead management and other sales and marketing processes
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas (monthly, quarterly and annually) to ensure revenue objectives
- Disseminate opportunities to the sales team, educating sales executives as necessary about the opportunity
- Schedule and attend appointments with Sales Executives for suitable qualified leads, setting suitable expectations with the potential customer
- Conduct initial customer discovery calls
- Assist with negotiation of contracts and commercials
- Represent Ethoca at industry tradeshows, conferences and networking events
- Approximately 10% travel required, with a mix of both interstate and overseas
- Assist Sales Executives with onboarding of new customers
- Schedule periodic follow-ups and reviews with existing customers
- Provide first level support to new and existing customers post go-live
- Gain and maintain a good knowledge of all of Ethoca’s offerings
- Identify and understand trends within industries and customers
- 3+ years’ experience in Sales/Lead Generation, ideally selling software or software-as-a-service
- Experience in Banking, Payments or E-commerce would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management; self-starter
- Exceptional relationship building/relationship management skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with our clients and internal teams
- Highly organised and results driven, with strong ability to be forward-thinking and proactive
- Superb written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to articulate complex issues and concepts in a simple, non-technical manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong listening skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously without negative impacts to key deliverables
- Entrepreneurial style, drive and sense of urgency, coupled with the ability to work well with others as part of a solution team. Strong problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or account management would be considered an asset
- Experience working in small, fast paced, rapidly growing companies a plus
- Ability to travel without restriction is a requirement
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to recruiting-Australia@ethoca.com with “Business Development Manager” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.