Accounting AnalystToronto, ON
Senior Manager, Issuer Relations - EMEALondon, UK
Market Development RepresentativeLondon, UK
Marketing Manager, Global Events and CampaignsToronto, Ontario and Austin, Texas
Senior IT Security and Compliance AnalystToronto, Canada
Senior AccountantToronto, ON
Talent Acquisiton SpecialistToronto, ON
Senior Relations Manager, Card BrandsToronto, ON
VP, Product ManagementToronto, Canada
Sales Operations AnalystAustin, Texas
Senior Information Analyst - FinanceToronto, ON
Senior Information Analyst – Issuer RelationsToronto, ON or Austin, TX
Full Stack DeveloperToronto, ON
Integration Support SpecialistToronto, ON
Software ArchitectToronto, Canada
DevOps EngineerToronto, ON
Bilingual (Spanish/Mandarin) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Posted: July 30, 2015
Experience: Entry Level
Location: Toronto, ON
Job ID: 1003
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and increase payment acceptance through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to markets focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin and London. Nine of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, three of the top five UK card issuers and more than 1,800 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is shaking up the way online merchants and issuers around the globe combat fraud through collaboration? Do you thrive in an environment that fosters your entrepreneurial spirit and encourages you to take charge of making improvements in your day-to-day role and resulting outcomes? If you’re excited about breakthrough ideas and delivering well beyond expectations, then Ethoca is the place for you. We have already proven ourselves with explosive growth across the largest global online merchants and banks and have a need to expand our team with challengers and thought leaders. We will give you the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to thrive, but only great communicators, problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers need apply. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
THE IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking an Accounting Analyst who will play an administrative role in the growth and development of the company. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounting Analyst role will appeal to someone who is well organized and detail oriented.
· Receive, verify, approve and code invoices from vendors
· Proper processing of vendor invoices under multi-currencies & multi-jurisdiction environment
· Prepare vendor Cheques for mailing
· Help co-workers to produce & process accurate expense reports
· Post AP and AR Entries as required
· Processing customer payments via ACH / EFT
· Responsible for maintaining filing system for all financial documents
· Ensure confidentiality and security of all financial files
· Maintenance of spreadsheets and database files accurately & consistently
· Adaptable and flexible in performing other accounting related duties as assigned in order to accommodate changing business needs and work requirements
KEY PERSONAL QUALITIES
· Enthusiastic and positive
· Focused, detail oriented
· Accurate & efficient
· Thrives under deadlines
· Timely & Reliable
· Quick learner
Here’s what you offer:
· Graduate of a post-secondary program in Business/Finance, enrollment in an Accounting designation is preferred
· Previous experience in data entry or AP preferred
· Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Experience with NetSuite and/or Quickbooks is definitely an asset
· Experience in multi-currency & intercompany environment is an asset
· Familiarity and experience with basic Accounting concepts = AP, AR & GL
· Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and aptitude for numbers
· Maintain confidentiality
· Use good judgment in all circumstances
· Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work in a team environment
· Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal.
· Self-motivated, with clear ability to work under pressure at times and with minimal supervision
· Ability to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexities while under time constraints
· Excellent organizational and documentation skills.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Accounting Analyst” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.