Web Front End Developer - Contract - TorontoToronto, ON
Talent Acquisiton SpecialistToronto, ON
Senior Java Developer (Contract)Toronto, ON
Senior Quality Assurance EngineerToronto, ON
Senior Relations Manager, Card BrandsToronto, ON
Director of EMEA SalesUnited Kingdom
VP, Product ManagementToronto, Canada
Implementation Manager – Issuer ServicesToronto, ON
Sales Operations AnalystAustin, Texas
Senior Information Analyst - FinanceToronto, ON
Senior Information Analyst – Issuer RelationsToronto, ON or Austin, TX
Web Front End DeveloperToronto, ON
Full Stack DeveloperToronto, ON
Product Support EngineerToronto, ON
Issuer Relations, Sales Account ManagerU.S
Integration Support SpecialistToronto, ON
Software ArchitectToronto, Canada
DevOps EngineerToronto, ON
Bilingual (Spanish/Mandarin) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Web Front End Developer - Contract - Toronto
Posted: May 27, 2015
Location: Toronto, ON
Ethoca is seeking talented developers to help build out the next version of our Ethoca Alerts platform. We work with 1,800 online merchants worldwide (9 of the top 10 US ecommerce brands). We’re partnered with 25 credit card issuers worldwide. Our senior leadership team has recognized that in order to succeed in the future we need to be able to dramatically scale our platform and build new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
We strive to keep the user experience simple and easy to understand. We work in a highly collaborative environment where developers and product owners work closely with one another to craft user interfaces our clients will love. We want to find people that aren’t afraid to take the lead on setting best practice by owning areas such as design style guides, project layout & architecture, responsive design, and cross-browser support.
We want to hire developers that are eager to have significant influence on a massive front end overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns, and practices!
● Passionate about building extraordinary user experiences
● Familiar with MV* patterns
● Comfortable writing JS and CSS
● Experience working with Product Owners and User Experience designers to bring their ideas to life with the use of prototypes, wireframes
● An expert with at least one modern JS framework such as Angular, Backbone, Ember, or React.
● Stay up-to-date with the latest web front end community trends self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
● Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling such as Jasmine/Mocha, Protractor with Selenium, PhantomJS.
● Thrive in a highly collaborative and small company environment where agility is paramount
How to get on our shortlist
● Experience crafting responsive single page applications (SPA’s) using Angular and Bootstrap
● Experience with front end build processes using the node.js toolchain (grunt/gulp, bower, and associated ecosystem of plugins)
● An expert with CSS and CSS extension frameworks like SASS or LESS
● Pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS
● Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment
Ethoca is an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration. Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin and London. Nine of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, three of the top five UK card issuers and more than 1,600 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
To learn more about Ethoca check out the following video.
Ethoca Makes Fraud & Chargebacks Relics of the Dark Ages
Toronto (Yonge and Sheppard)
Contract (6 months)
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Web Front End Developer - Contract” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.