Data Platform DeveloperToronto, ON
Sales ConsultantMelbourne, Australia
Billing AnalystToronto, ON
Senior HANA Development EngineerToronto, ON
Security Systems AdministratorToronto, ON
Solutions ArchitectToronto, ON
Marketing CoordinatorToronto, ON
Project ManagerToronto, ON
Issuer Channel Relationship ManagerToronto, ON or Austin TX - remote candidates will be considered
Manager, Production IT OperationsToronto, ON
Salesforce AdministratorAustin, TX
Account Manager, Issuer RelationsPhoenix, Arizona Area
Issuer Sales Director - EMEALondon, UK
IT Security and Compliance AnalystToronto, Canada
Bilingual (Spanish/Mandarin) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Data Platform Developer
Posted: January 26, 2016
Location: Toronto, ON
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca is seeking talented developers to help build out the next version of our Ethoca Alerts platform. We work with 3,500 online merchants worldwide (9 of the top 10 US ecommerce brands). We’re partnered with 25 credit card issuers worldwide. Our senior leadership team has recognized that in order to succeed in the future we need to be able to dramatically scale our platform and build new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
We’re a data shop. We have many different data needs of varying priority. We need to create data pipelines, perform data transformations, cleanse and validate data, scale our transactional data, perform batch processing, apply machine learning, and run analytics. Our legacy backend/persistence tier is JVM-based with a DB2 backend. We want to build a new data platform that suits Ethoca’s unique product development needs. We’re looking for developers that have a passion for data technologies of all stripes. We are considering technologies such as the Hadoop 2.x platform (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce), Kafka, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Mongo, ElasticSearch, and so on.
The Data Platform Developer will be embedded with a software development team working on our data platform. As with all our hires we want to find developers that are eager to have significant influence on a massive technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns, and practices!
- Have experience as a key technical contributor building a data platform from inception to production roll out and support
- A software developer at heart
- Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and on the flip side you handle any criticism of your ideas with grace
- Stay up-to-date with new data technologies through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
- Thrive in a highly collaborative and small company environment where agility is paramount
How to get on our shortlist:
- Be pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS
- Relevant experience with “Big Data” technologies that we’re interested in
- Demonstrate an interest in any of the following disciplines: machine learning, pattern matching, or natural language processing
- Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns that can be horizontally scaled
- Experience with programming languages typically used in production data platforms: Python and Scala
- Experience with IBM DB2 RDBMS (our current database solution, we have to keep the lights on!)
- Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
- Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Data Platform Developer” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.