Posted: July 29, 2016
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2011, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London and Paris. Seven of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 3,500 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them.
Ethoca is transforming its data and analytics environment around SAP HANA. In this role you’ll be front and center in this work and have an opportunity to apply this technology to a set of challenging and unique use cases. This is not a prototype or a first generation evolution from legacy SAP reporting and transaction processing but a latest generation native HANA build, sourcing data directly from the Ethoca platform and several business applications and underpinning the full Business Objects application. You are a seasoned database and application engineer with a keen interest in the “why” and “how” behind technology. You bring lots of end to end data intensive solution experience to the table and are interested in utilizing your HANA skills to fullest – or can quickly get up to speed on the latest and greatest HANA has to offer. You have hands on experience writing code at both the database and application layer and have experience with “big data” technologies and integrations.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Data Architecture and Integration, and working closely with our analytics leaders, database engineers and developers, you will implement full solutions using SAP HANA and have responsibilities including:
- Data Modeling – In depth knowledge of Kimball’s design principles and OLTP designs and implementations
- Development and maintenance of HANA calculation views
- ETL implementation using technologies such as SDA, SDI, Data Services or similar
- Experience integrating with big data technologies such as HDFS, Kafka or similar
- Test scripts, unit testing, integration testing and regression testing
- Advisory work on HANA best practices and being a key technical and strategy ‘voice’ for HANA internally
You have skills and experience in relevant areas, including:
- Hands on experience with SAP HANA Release 10+ or similar, ideally for 3+ years
- Experience with BOBJ applications directly on HANA
- Hands on and current experience in both application and database development
- An expert level understanding of in memory architectures and techniques preferably in SAP HANA
- You love to be knee deep in technical implementations at both the database and application leve
- This is a unique opportunity to be a key player in a cutting edge technical environment where the goal is to quickly build a state-of-the-art functionality in an analytics-driven company. If you’re interested and have the skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with “Database/Application Engineer” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.