Full Stack DeveloperToronto, ON
Senior Full Stack DeveloperToronto, ON
IT Security and Controls SpecialistToronto, ON
Bilingual (French/English) Customer Service RepresentativeToronto, ON
DevOps EngineerToronto, ON
Software ArchitectToronto, ON
Senior AccountantToronto, ON
Senior HANA Development EngineerToronto, ON
SAP Business Objects / HANA AdministratorToronto, ON
Performance Test EngineerToronto, ON
Software Developer In TestToronto, ON
Senior Product ManagerToronto, ON or Austin, TX
Software Development ManagerToronto, ON
Senior SAP BI DeveloperAustin, TX or Toronto, ON
Account Manager, Channel RelationsAustin, TX or Remote
Data Platform DeveloperToronto, ON
Security Systems AdministratorToronto, ON
Account Manager, Issuer RelationsPhoenix, Arizona Area
Full Stack Developer
Posted: May 30, 2016
Location: Toronto, ON
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2011, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London and Paris. Seven of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 3,500 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
To drive our future growth, we need to dramatically scale our platform and build new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
We want to hire developers that are eager to have significant influence on a massive technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns, and practices!
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We’re interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive, yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap we are evaluating new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. Our backend tiers are presently JVM-based. We are using or considering technologies like Angular, Bootstrap, Jersey for REST, Java 8, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Docker, Ansible, and so on.
What you bring:
- At least a few years of web development under your belt
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Java and the JVM
- Used modern JS web frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS, etc)
- Not afraid to speak your mind about software design and on the flip side you handle any criticism of your ideas with grace
- Stay up-to-date with new web technologies on the front and back end through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
- Always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted testing principles, best practices, and tooling
- You push for better Development Practices, better Code, better Solutions
- Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
How to get on our shortlist:
- Pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS.
- Experience crafting responsive single page applications (SPA’s) using Angular and Bootstrap
- Experience building distributed data platforms with high availability concerns and are easily horizontally scaled
- An interest or experience with various data ingestion, aggregation, and real time analytics solutions
- Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
- Experience with older Enterprise Java tooling (we have to keep the lights on!) such as Websphere, Rational Application Developer, Hibernate, DB2, Spring, EJB, etc.
- Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
- Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Full Stack Developer” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.