Full Stack DeveloperToronto, ON
Product Support EngineerToronto, ON
Issuer Relations, Sales Account ManagerU.S
Integration Support SpecialistToronto, ON
Windows Systems AdministratorToronto, ON
Senior Manager, Merchant SalesLondon, UK
Bilingual (Spanish/German/Mandarin) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Full Stack Developer
Posted: March 20, 2015
Location: Toronto, ON
Ethoca is seeking talented developers to help build out the next version of our Ethoca Alerts platform. Our Card Issuer & Merchant Collaboration Platform is a now a standard in the global ecommerce fraud and transaction acceptance industry. It currently spans more than 2,000 online merchants and 25+ card issuers around the world.
To drive our future growth, we need to dramatically scale our platform and build new products. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you then keep reading!
We believe in decoupled, message-driven, and distributed systems. We strive to keep codebases small and manageable. We’re interested in reactive design patterns that will make our systems more resilient and responsive, yet remain elastic to change. As we proceed through our technology roadmap we are evaluating new community endorsed technologies for every tier of our platform. Our backend tiers are presently JVM-based. We are using or considering technologies like Angular, Bootstrap, Jersey for REST, Java 8, Scala, Kafka, Spark, Storm, Mongo, ElasticSearch, Docker, Ansible, and so on.
We want to hire developers that are eager to have significant influence on a massive technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns, and practices!
● You have at least a few years of web development under your belt, preferably using the JVM
● You have a degree or diploma in a technical field
● You’re not afraid to speak your mind about software design and on the flip side you handle any criticism of your ideas with grace
● You keep up-to-date with new web technologies on the front and back end through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
● You always have quality in mind and you employ community accepted automated testing techniques, best practices, and tooling
● You thrive in a highly collaborative and small company environment where agility is paramount
How to get on our shortlist
● You’re pro-active with your technical training and stay up-to-date in such ways like participating in local meetups, blogging, or contributions to OSS.
● You have experience crafting responsive single page applications (SPA’s) using Angular and Bootstrap
● You have experience building distributed platforms with such concerns such as high availability and horizontal scaling
● An interest or experience with various data ingestion, aggregation, and real time analytics solutions
● Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
● Experience with older Enterprise Java tooling (we have to keep the lights on!) such as Websphere, Rational Application Developer, Hibernate, DB2, Spring, EJB, etc.
● Experience with cryptography API’s and an understanding of PKI principles
● Experience working in a PCI DSS certified environment
Ethoca is an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration. Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin and London. Nine of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, three of the top five UK card issuers and more than 1,600 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
To learn more about Ethoca check out the following video.
Ethoca Makes Fraud & Chargebacks Relics of the Dark Ages
Toronto (Yonge and Sheppard)
Ethoca offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and the opportunity to work with great people in a high-growth environment.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Full Stack Developer” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.