Windows System Administrator, Contract Opportunity
About Ethoca - A Mastercard Company
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the e-commerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca - A Mastercard Company is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca - A Mastercard Company’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting e-commerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first-time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Dublin and Frankfurt.
THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Corporate IT Windows System Administrator to join our team and help take on new projects as Ethoca - A Mastercard Company continues to grow. The role will report to the Team Lead of Corporate IT and work closely with the architectural, development & operational teams in the reliable, secure delivery of corporate IT services to Ethoca - A Mastercard Company employees. The role will focus on providing end user technical support, participating in infrastructure projects and assisting with systems support.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record supporting end users and excellent customer service skills, ideally within the e-commerce space. They will possess a wide variety of technical experience covering Windows workstation administration, Windows networking, Windows security, virtualization and software deployment. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
• Staging computers, installing and configuring hardware, software, and related peripherals
• Troubleshooting hardware, software, and peripherals, and performing appropriate repairs
• Providing access changes for users to systems, including managing accounts and solving password/credentials issues
• Activating smartphones, giving user guidance for setting up smartphones, and coordinating with the cell carrier
• Logging and responding to support tickets
• Proactively help users, and prioritize their needs in front
• Document technical and usage procedures for other members of the team or for other users
• Organize and manage an inventory of hardware devices and peripherals; will include receiving, unpackaging, repackaging, and other physical handling
• Work within a high security environment, such as PCI-DSS Level 1
• Work well within a team environment and able to contribute to the growth of the team
• Outstanding customer service personality
• Able to work independently and organize your tasks and projects with minimal supervision
• Problem solve, with critical thinking and creative solutions
• When you encounter barriers to your goals, you look for how to get past them
• Ask questions that get to the key issues of a problem, and effectively describe a situation verbally and in writing to different audiences
• University or College diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
• Solid technical experience in administering Microsoft Active Directory
• Solid technical experience with SAML and Single-Sign on technologies
• Solid technical experience in administering Microsoft Windows 10 and Apple MacOS, including devices, drivers, deployment, and troubleshooting
• Solid technical experience in imaging laptops with Windows and MacBook knowledge in using Microsoft Office 365
• Familiarity with using incident management tools
• Strong knowledge of security and PKI infrastructure
• Strong knowledge of networking technologies (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, TCP dumps, PXE, VLAN tagging, bonding, etc.)
• Strong knowledge of Windows scripting (batch, PowerShell, etc.)
• Comfortable with installing a wide range of hardware peripherals using different interfaces
• Strong knowledge with iPhone and Android phones and related MDM services
• Remote administration experience (Dameware or equivalent)
• Experience with centralized administration of PC management (i.e. Antivirus, OS Deployment, software installation)
• Comfortable receiving and managing delivered hardware devices and peripherals
• Understanding of cloud-based systems and mobile working
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Windows System Administrator” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca - A Mastercard Company, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.