Lead DevOps Engineer - Azure
At Ethoca, you can join a team of top business and technology innovators who are transforming the industry. We are changing the payments landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and reduce costs. Our services allow customers to focus on what really matters - increasing sales and creating a great customer experience. Our relentless customer focus is what makes us an award-winning company.
We believe that when people come together, it unlocks potential. Our collaborative environment enables our teams to deliver and develop solutions that provide safety, security and convenience for our customers.
Ethoca is a place where risk-takers thrive, change makers excel, and innovators shape a better tomorrow. Innovation requires taking thoughtful risks and moving with speed and agility, so that’s what we do. We invite our employees to bring their hearts, minds and whole selves to work every day to push boundaries and dream up new possibilities. Let’s create new possibilities together.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Lead DevOps Engineer. You will be providing the platform and services on Microsoft Azure enabling agile scrum teams in Product Development to advance our Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery agenda to build, test, deploy, package and release software to production. In addition, the role will also require collaboration with various groups and ability to communicate effectively to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Provide infrastructure platform, services, and tooling to support the engineering teams
- Build automation, processes, and frameworks to automate provisioning of infrastructure and platform
- Work closely with agile teams, collaborating with Developers, Product Owners and Operations on defining requirements, design and implementation.
- Leads and manages complex initiatives and projects independently
- Identify inefficient processes and ability to make tradeoffs on where to get the most ROI.
- Drive consistency, where needed, across scrum teams in delivering product in a repeatable, reliable and secure manner
- Bridge any knowledge gaps between Operations and Development teams
- Work efficiently with an exceptional attention to detail around a high security environment (Ethoca is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified, and must satisfy multiple audit requirements across several third-party auditors)
- Ability to interpret and apply security best practices to create, harden and secure OS images and secure / harden CI/CD pipelines
- Evaluating new technologies and weighing their pros/cons to stakeholders. Working collaboratively with various groups in order to adopt the new technology and increase overall skillset within the team.
- Mentor and motivate others to push positive change in terms of process and technology improvements
- Be a change agent. Challenge the status quo and determination to lead through change.
What you bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Strong experience implementing cloud-based practices – Efficiency, Repeatability, Instrumentation, Scalability, and Security with experience on Azure
- Experience with hybrid cloud and migrating traditional workloads to the public cloud with focus on Azure
- Excellent knowledge of platform services such as VMs, storage, network, load balancing, DNS, middleware, runtime as they pertain to Microsoft Azure
- Excellent scripting automation experience (i.e. Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Excellent experience with configuration management and deployment tooling – i.e. Terraform, Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Strong experience in CI/CD with emphasis on managing secrets, tokens, certificates, and pipeline security and compliance for envs storing sensitive PCI/PII data.
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
- Good knowledge of Source Control including branching and workflows, integration with build automation tooling
- Excellent knowledge with deployment models utilizing Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Linux server administration
- Experience working on a cross functional team in an Agile Scrum environment
- Breadth of general technical knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to convey knowledge and influence outcomes
What Sets You Apart:
- Microsoft Azure certification
- Experience supporting & troubleshooting Java / Linux development and runtime environment
- Experience working in a high security or heavily regulated environment
Please apply on Mastercard.Jobs: https://mastercard.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/CorporateCareers/job/Toronto-C…. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.