Lead BizOps Engineer (Remote Option Available - Canada or US)
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca, a Mastercard Company, is looking for a Lead BizOps Engineer.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Technical Lead to join our team and help take on new projects as Ethoca continues to grow. The role will report to the Director, Systems Support, IT Operations and work closely with the architectural, development & operational teams in the reliable, secure delivery of Ethoca’s services. The role will focus on Ethoca’s scalability, security, availability and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record operating Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms in a production environment, ideally within the ecommerce space. They will possess a wide variety of technical experience covering systems administration, networking, storage, security, virtualization and software deployment. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
- Lead the BizOps team and assist where necessary at a technical level.
- Support a highly available, highly secure production environment running on Linux using various, different open source applications
- Set standards and define detailed processes for effectively managing a production environment with minimal downtime
- Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all hardware/software infrastructure components
- Be proactive and predictive, solve problems before they happen
- Embrace DevOps practices & methodologies
- Carefully plan application deployments, migrations and upgrades to minimize service impacts
- Provide application and product support and troubleshooting of the Ethoca platform
- Use your experience to shape the future of our production infrastructure
- Be willing to learn new technologies and assist with architecture and design
- Work efficiently within a high security environment (Ethoca is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified)
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should (have):
- Tenured Linux/Unix experience
- Tenured experience supporting highly available and fault tolerant systems
- Several years of experience configuring servers on enterprise grade networks
- Several years of Virtualization experience
- Several years of Cloud technologies experience
- Networking experience (Ex. TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, load-balancers)
- A Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Flexibility to participate in on-call shifts, our service runs 24/7
- Security knowledge & experience (Ex. Encryption/Hardening/Certificates/PKI/SSH/VPN)
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, applying problem analysis methodologies
- Be skilled at explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly
- Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Always look for potential solutions to solve problems
What Sets You Apart:
- VMware or OpenStack Experience
- Azure or AWS equivalent experience
- Ansible/Chef experience
- Database familiarity or experience
- Skill at automation (Ex. Orchestration, scripting or development)
- Zabbix or equivalent monitoring experience
- Docker or equivalent container-based technology experience
- Desire to automate everything, automate anything
- Software development education or experience
- Desire to document everything
- PCI-DSS or similar experience (ex. financial/government/healthcare)
- Understanding of the ITIL framework
To apply to this position, please visit: mastercard.com/careers and search for "Lead BizOps Engineer".