Director, Software Development
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2011, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London and Paris. Seven of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 3,500 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
To support our continued growth and success, we are recruiting a Director of Software Development. We are undergoing a technology evolution at Ethoca as we move towards a distributed architecture in the cloud and are looking for a passionate technologist to help lead us through the journey while at the same time addressing our customer needs on our existing platform. Reporting to the VP of Product Development, this is a highly visible role that requires collaboration across multiple departments.
- Lead and grow multiple high performing scrum teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Champion department-wide initiatives to improve the product development group.
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills, including hiring, coaching, managing performance, and motivating.
- Drive the successful delivery of regular software releases in an Agile Scrum environment with a focus on continuous integration and automation.
- Exemplify and develop a team culture which motivates quality, productivity and innovation.
- Provide leadership with respect to career growth, coaching and training.
- Collaborate with other technology leaders and departments (ex. product management, customer service, production operations) to achieve business goals.
- Work effectively with the world's largest eCommerce merchants and financial institutions.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience managing high performance teams, including hiring, coaching, and performance management.
- A hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience working through the challenges of a small and rapidly growing product or service company.
- Experience with leading Agile teams while advocating and developing Agile values and principles.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) principles, Build and Test Automation.
- Experience with distributed, high-throughput systems using elastic run-times, 12 factor microservices, and distributed datastores is a plus.
- Experience working in a PCI DSS environment working with sensitive data is a plus.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Director Software Development” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.