Director, Product Management, Collaboration (Toronto or Austin)
At Ethoca, you’re applying for much more than a job. Where else are you going to get the opportunity to work with the most committed group of ecommerce business and technology innovators who are transforming the industry? And we’re winning the awards to prove it.
We want the bold. We demand the best. And, we’re committed to giving you the opportunity to make the contribution only you can make. Ethoca is a place where risk-takers thrive, thought leaders excel and challengers make us better.
At Ethoca, we believe that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the payments ecosystem and prevent merchants and card issuing banks from focusing on what really matters – increasing sales and creating a great customer experience. Thankfully, our suite of services changes all that.
You will own and drive requirements for Ethoca’s core products that integrate into Mastercard’s product lines; and execute the go-to-market strategy spanning multiple geographic regions and across multiple channels. You will determine customers' needs and desires via strategic engagement to understand their vision. You will work directly with customers and internal business and technology teams, in devising comprehensive solutions to address current and emerging opportunities, as well as anticipating future product innovations.
A key part of this role will require you to understand how Ethoca and Mastercard’s products come together to unlock new opportunities, while managing the natural differences in priorities between the product sets. You will need to effectively communicate, manage, and influence key stakeholders across both Ethoca and Mastercard organizations.
- Manage the entire end-to-end product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Own product vision, direction, and problem assessment on behalf of the client, working with business stakeholders to discover, define, assess and document business needs and requirements in a comprehensive form to be implemented by the development team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Ethoca core products, and all integrated products between Ethoca and Mastercard
- Ensure all key business stakeholders sign off on requirements.
- Document key artifacts that help others understand the requirements, such as business workflows, use cases, and user scenarios.
- Drive product planning; manage the roadmap and the backlog, ensuring actionable requirements are prioritized for execution.
- Understand what needs to be delivered in market and be able to measure it; Be ready to explain both successes and failures.
- Work with the Development, QA and Data Teams to ensure timely delivery of releases; devise solutions for improving the product delivery lifecycle and optimizing processes.
- Conduct previews, demos and UAT with key business stakeholders prior to release to get sign-off for release. Educate wider business stakeholders on new features and enhancements post-release by doing demos and providing release notes.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Product Management team to ensure all projects are aligned with the overall corporate strategy.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 10 years of experience in a product management role or similar role within a technology driven business environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills most notably with end users, IT personnel, and other stakeholders at all levels across the organization.
- Experience gathering, defining, documenting and presenting product requirements, using DFD’s, Process Diagrams, Flow Charts and Sequence Diagrams.
- Ability to create mock-ups /screenshots and provide a walk-through of business processes to facilitate discussion.
- Experience with Agile Scrum development process in the role of Product Owner (e.g., daily scrum, pre-planning meetings, story creation prioritization, ranking, sprint review meetings, sprint retrospective meetings etc.). Experience supporting multiple scrum teams simultaneously is a big plus.
- Strong understanding of current web, data and cloud technologies.
- Experience in managing a software release cycle and ensuring delivery of products, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Ability to actively manage ambiguous information, competing priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent research, analytical and problem-solving skills supported by project management experience; team leadership and facilitation capabilities.
To apply, please visit: mastercard.jobs or https://mastercard.jobs/toronto-can/director-product-management-collaboration/52A4977128734CDF84372C8EFBDDCBBB/job/
We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.