DB2 Database (DBA) Administrator
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Production Operations DB2 Database Administrator to join our team and help take on new projects as Ethoca continues to grow. The role will report to the Manager of Production Operations and work closely with the architectural, development & operational teams in the reliable, secure delivery of Ethoca’s services. The role will focus on Ethoca’s scalability, security, availability and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of operating production application databases in Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, ideally within the ecommerce space. They will possess a wide variety of technical experience covering database administration, performance, tuning, security, replication, scripting and software deployment. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
- Support highly available, highly secure, production application databases running on Linux
- Set standards and define detailed procedures
- Perform daily monitoring and maintenance of all database systems
- Be proactive and predictive, plan capacity and avoid potential problems with alerting
- Carefully plan and execute migrations, software upgrades and application deployments
- Using your experience, support product development and troubleshooting of Ethoca applications
- Help shape the future of our technology platform and applications
- Work efficiently within a high security environment (Ethoca is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified)
- Participate in on-call shifts, our service runs 24/7
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of Production Database Administration experience, Solid DB2 v9.7/10.1/10.5 on Linux preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux/Unix
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Database monitoring and performance tuning
- Strong background with High Availability Disaster Recovery (HADR), Replication and Fix Pack version upgrades.
- Scripting and automation of tasks
- Experience with backups, disaster recovery strategies, and business continuity planning
- Security knowledge and experience (Ex. Encryption/Hardening/Certificates/PKI/SSH/VPN)
- "Cloud Native" database and data processing experience
- Expert problem solver by applying problem analysis methodologies
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Operations DB2 Database (DBA) Engineer” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.