Cloud Architect - Azure
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2011, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London and Paris. Seven of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, two of the top five UK card issuers and more than 3,500 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Cloud Architect with extensive experience on Azure. The incumbent will work closely with scrum teams and Production Operations to ensure smooth migration of existing or new applications to Azure. You will be overseeing the end to end solution of our migration strategy to the cloud while ensuring they are scalable, resilient, compliant and most of all contributing to the overall company goals.
- Engage with technical and non-technical team members on delivering large scale cloud migration initiatives across multiple Ethoca product lines
- Design, Deploy and maintain enterprise-class security, network, and systems management applications within an Azure environment.
- Design and implement availability, scalability, performance and disaster recovery plans for the Azure platform.
- Provide thought leadership in cloud computing
- Maintain Architecture principals and Strategy, Roadmap for Ethoca’s cloud journey
- Create POCs to validate fit for purpose
- Implement process and quality improvements through task automation. Institute infrastructure as code and automation with Terraform reusable modules.
- Build secure cloud native Infrastructure and platform solutions supporting highly available realtime use cases
- Be a change agent for adopting best practices
Required Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience implementing cloud-based solution architectures with a focus on Azure
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java, or Go.
- Proven track record of successfully migrating on-premise application to Azure
- Solid understanding of distributed systems
- Experience designing high throughput horizontally scalable systems (10k TPS)
- Experience in architecting, designing and administration of hybrid and public cloud Azure Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and SaaS
- In depth experience with Azure stack implementation, with hands on experience with App Services, Azure SQL Database, NoSQL, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage
- Experience with setting up a continuous delivery pipeline to production (Jenkins, Log Analytics, Azure DevOps)
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
- Soft Skills such as writing proposals and presenting up to C-Levels is a must
- Microsoft Azure certification desirable
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Cloud Architect - Azure” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.