Software Development ManagerToronto
Lead Quality Assurance EngineerToronto
Quality Assurance AnalystToronto, ON
Senior Manager, Merchant Sales - France /Manager d’univers marchand, FranceParis, France Area
Manager, Content MarketingToronto, Canada or Austin, Texas
Country Manager, FranceFrance
Scrum MasterToronto, ON
Senior Manager - Issuer RelationsLondon, UK
Lead Production Operations EngineerToronto, ON
Enterprise Data ArchitectToronto, ON
Java Team LeadToronto, ON
Windows Systems AdministratorToronto, ON
Application Security Specialist - TorontoToronto
Senior Java Web DeveloperToronto, Canada
Bilingual (Spanish/German/Mandarin) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Office AdministratorToronto, ON
Software Development Manager
Posted: January 28, 2015
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin and London. Nine of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, three of the top five UK card issuers and more than 1,600 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
Ethoca is looking for a strong technical and hands-on software development manager to lead multiple teams of developers and quality engineers in a fast paced Agile development environment. The ideal candidate will apply their experience leading high performance teams to ensure our people, processes, and technology are on the path of continuous improvement and aligned with corporate objectives. We are aggressively growing our product development organization while at the same time rebuilding key components of our software platform. Exciting times and rewarding challenges lay ahead for the right Dev Manager.
- Lead and grow multiple high performing teams of developers and quality engineers, including hiring, coaching, managing performance, motivating and retaining.
- Drive the successful delivery of regular software releases in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Research, evaluate and implement new technologies and tools in partnership with enterprise architects, ensuring alignment with existing products, platforms, emerging business needs and engineering best practices.
- Provide guidance to team members in areas of software architecture design, refactoring and on-going code improvements.
- Work with the Production Operations team to ensure timely software deployments and support of our production systems.
- Contribute to product documentation, including requirements (e.g. technical stories), design and architecture documents.
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition and estimation.
- Must work effectively with members of cross-functional product development teams including Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, QA and Architects on various sized projects and initiatives.
- Develop team culture which motivates quality, productivity and innovation.
- Interface with other departments, customers, vendors and other third party as necessary to ensure timely resolution to any product related issues.
- Ensuring implementation of effective metrics, controls and reporting to measure the progress, productivity and quality of each scrum team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in Software Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a Team Lead or Development Manager role building web-based applications.
- A hands-on leader with an entrepreneurial mindset and experience working through the challenges of a small and rapidly growing product or service company.
- Delivery focused individual from requirements gathering through to design, build and test. Ability to support each lifecycle phase with hands-on contribution and ownership.
- Experience leading and coaching Agile teams; advocating and developing Agile values and principles.
- Team building, hiring, on-boarding and performance management.
- Providing leadership with respect to career growth, coaching and training, along with succession planning.
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, including traditional and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- 5+ years of development experience in a Java Enterprise application server environment.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) principles, Build and Test Automation
- Experience with team based, enterprise source control management systems; experience with distributed version control such as Git is a plus.
- Experience developing highly concurrent, scalable consumer facing web applications.
- Strong database design and development experience.
- Proficient in web security vulnerabilities and secure coding practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical counterparts to get things done.
What Sets You Apart:
- Experience in ecommerce or a PCI DSS industry a definite plus.
- Agile Scrum certification is a definite plus.
- Passion for new emerging technology.
Toronto (Yonge and Sheppard)
Ethoca offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and the opportunity to work with great people in a high-growth environment.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Software Development Manager” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.