Lead Production Operations EngineerToronto, ON
Enterprise Data ArchitectToronto, ON
Analyst - Issuer ServicesToronto, ON
Global Director, Issuer Channel DevelopmentUS or Canada
Java Team LeadToronto, ON
DevOps EngineerToronto, ON
Windows Systems AdministratorToronto, ON
Application Security Specialist - TorontoToronto
Senior Java Web DeveloperToronto, Canada
Bilingual (Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin/Portuguese) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Lead Production Operations Engineer
Posted: October 26, 2014
Location: Toronto, ON
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Dublin and Frankfurt.
This is an immediate opportunity.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Production Operations Engineer to take a key role of high responsibility within the IT Operations team. Reporting to the Director IT Operations, the incumbent will work closely with the data & development teams and will be responsible for the overall health and stability of the production systems.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record operating production systems with a wide variety of technological experience covering systems administration and development and bring a deep insight into the future of IT. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
· Take responsibility for a highly available, highly secure production environment
· Proactive and predictive, solve problems before they happen
· Carefully plan deployments, migrations and upgrades to minimize service impacts
· Use your experience to help shape the future of our production infrastructure
· Work efficiently within a high security environment (Ethoca is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified)
· Communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
· Mentor and provide leadership within the team
Here’s What You Offer:
· 5+ years of Unix/Linux experience
· Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent
· Experience with a wide variety of technologies
· Strong security knowledge (Encryption/OS Hardening/Authentication/SSL/SSH/VPN)
· Strong scripting knowledge (Ex. Shell/Python/Ruby/Perl)
· Strong IP networking experience (Ex. routing/Ethernet/ARP/firewall)
· Database/SQL skills
· Expert problem solver, you have x-ray vision
· Desire to automate everything, automate anything
· Participate in on-call shifts, our service runs 24/7
· Cool under pressure
What Sets You Apart:
· Ubuntu/Debian experience
· Software development experience
· Networking hardware experience
· PCI-DSS or similar experience (ex. financial/government/healthcare)
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Lead Production Operations Engineer” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.