Country Manager, FranceFrance
Scrum MasterToronto, ON
Junior AccountantToronto, Canada
Security and Compliance AnalystToronto, Canada
Senior Manager - Issuer RelationsLondon, UK
Lead Production Operations EngineerToronto, ON
Enterprise Data ArchitectToronto, ON
Analyst - Issuer ServicesToronto, ON
Global Director, Issuer Channel DevelopmentUS or Canada
Java Team LeadToronto, ON
Windows Systems AdministratorToronto, ON
Application Security Specialist - TorontoToronto
Senior Java Web DeveloperToronto, Canada
Bilingual (Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Country Manager, France
Posted: November 24, 2014
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on the costly recovery of fraud losses and resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Before Ethoca’s flagship service – Ethoca Alerts – every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionised the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers. Beyond Ethoca Alerts, the company is moving quickly to bring a new generation of services to market focused on card acceptance, including Order Rescue.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, Texas and London. Nine of the top ten ecommerce brands, seven of the top nine U.S. card issuers, three of the top five UK card issuers and more than 1,600 ecommerce businesses around the world rely on Ethoca solutions and the network that powers them. To find out more, please visit us online at www.ethoca.com.
Ethoca’s Expansion into France
Ethoca is rapidly expanding its set of collaboration-based services and presence in global markets. Our entry into France is now underway through a strategic relationship with a leading French card issuer/acquirer. Ethoca has a proven methodology for geographic expansion that starts with the development of a key card issuing and/or acquiring relationship, followed by the rapid acquisition of merchant and card issuing customers to drive the growth of the Ethoca Network. To drive this growth strategy in the French market, we are seeking a proven Country Manager with deep experience in the French card payments, fraud and ecommerce market.
The Role: Country Manager, France
The Country Manager is a pivotal role that will ensure our successful entry into the French market, guide key card issuer/acquirer relationships to establish a foundation rapid network adoption, and work closely with both French card issuer and merchant customers to maximise the value they receive through the Ethoca Network. It is imperative this individual is a proven market leader with a deep, influential network across the entire payments ecosystem, a proven track record of operational expertise and excellent commercial instincts to drive rapid revenue growth. In addition, the Country Manager must be a known thought leader and expert in the French payments, fraud and ecommerce market, with a history of leadership in conferences, fraud committees and industry forums. The Country Manager is Ethoca’s primary ambassador in France, and must have the ability to create appetite for Ethoca’s solutions in the French market and drive commercial relationships to closure.
- Provide operational leadership and full accountability for Ethoca’s successful expansion into France;
- Develop and own the strategy for the rapid acquisition of Ethoca’s services with both key merchant and card issuer customers in France;
- Develop and build a strong working relationship with Ethoca’s primary card issuing and acquiring partner in France to ensure rapid adoption of Ethoca’s services in the marketplace;
- Lead initial merchant-facing sales efforts in collaboration with primary card issuing and acquiring partner in the region;
- Establish a successful plan for driving Ethoca’s growth through direct sales efforts, while carefully managing the complexities and sensitivities associated with facilitated sales via Ethoca’s primary card issuing and acquiring partner;
- Scope and prioritise target merchant accounts and build a proven sales team with expertise in selling to leading French ecommerce merchants;
- Scope and prioritise target card issuer accounts and build a proven sales team with expertise in selling to leading French card issuers;
- Establish the Annual Operating Plan, including ownership of talent recruitment and team development required to build a high-performance and commercially focused French operation;
- Identify, quantify and pursue alliances and partnerships with local market payment gateways, service providers, card networks and technology solution providers to accelerate the adoption of Ethoca’s services in France;
- Measure and report on commercial growth targets and operational performance indicators regularly, and be prepared to make timely, informed recommendations for improvements that ensure revenue projections are met;
- Participate as a key Ethoca ‘thought leader’ at industry conferences, exhibitions, conferences, trade shows, with the express purpose of deepening Ethoca’s industry credibility and influencing important commercial relationships;
- Represent Ethoca at industry conferences and tradeshows to increase brand awareness and create demand for Ethoca’s services;
- Recommend key conferences, tradeshows and speaking opportunities important for accelerating our expansion in France and influencing the right card issuer and merchant decision-makers.
- 10-15 years direct experience in a similar role: Ideal candidate will have played similar Country Manager role in France previously, with demonstrated success in leading a multinational company through expansion in the region;
- Deep understanding of the entire payments, fraud and ecommerce landscape, including both business and technical expertise – this individual must be able to engage in both strategic and tactical discussions with key decision-makers across the entire payments value chain;
- Extensive experience managing complex commercial relationships and P&L for a regional operation;
- Proven, data-driven commercial leader who has managed every dimension of running a regional operation for a multinational company;
- Deep understanding of fraud trends, operations, loss recovery and management – the ideal candidate may have led a fraud loss prevention operation for either a French financial institution or large merchant;
- Proven track record as a thought leader and influencer in the fraud arena, including participation in industry councils and forums; candidate must have history of giving presentations at large industry conferences, leading roundtables, managing Customer Advisory Boards and facilitating industry dialogue;
- Large and influential network of contacts and commercial targets at leading French financial institutions and ecommerce merchants;
- In-depth knowledge of local market payment networks, card schemes, interbank networks and debit/credit card payment systems. These include Visa, MasterCard/Eurocard, Cartes Bancaires and Carte Bleue;
- Proven ability to identify, nurture and retain top talent, with a deep network of potential candidates to play key roles as the team expands;
- Innovation orientation: candidate must be a creative problem solver capable of driving innovation and finding flexible, timely solutions to key business obstacles;
- Ability to build loyal, trusted relationships with customers based on value and mutual respect;
- Awareness of and proven ability to navigate the French regulatory environment;
- Candidate must be fluently bilingual in French and English, with preference given to candidates where French is the primary language;
- Other foreign language skills are an asset;
- Superb interpersonal and social skills, with high degree of comfort in high-profile leadership positions;
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Country Manager, France” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.