Careers with Ethoca
Senior AccountantToronto, ON
Director, Issuer Relations (EMEA)London, UK
Help Desk AnalystToronto, ON
Senior Relationship ManagerLondon, UK
Business AnalystToronto, ON
Senior BI DeveloperToronto, ON
Senior Manager, Merchant SalesLondon, UK
Database Developer/AnalystToronto, ON
Senior Java Web DeveloperToronto, Canada
Posted: December 6, 2013
Experience: Senior Level
Industries: Financial Services
Location: Toronto, ON
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges head-on with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud and driving transaction acceptance. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Dublin and Frankfurt.
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Senior Accountant to drive the development of our Financial Reporting. This role reports into the CFO.
The ideal candidate will have experience within Finance, Accounting and Financial Reporting environments and will seek the opportunity to drive change in a fast-paced and growing organization.
- Work with CFO and Executive Management regarding all financial matters
- Responsible for maintenance and management of general ledgers
- Maintains general ledger accuracy through appropriate and up-to-date accounting principles
- Prepares reports detailing financial results
- Responsible for execution of month-end closing procedures
- Ensures all MIS reporting is properly entered and submitted on-time
- Prepares and maintains month-end binders and supporting documentation of financial statements
- Ensures formal review and completion of analytical procedures as needed
- Provides and supports team with figures and readily available information as questions arise
Designs and leads the implementation and on-going process improvement of workflow procedures that will ensure the efficiency, accuracy and completeness of accounting data and related output.
Assists CFO in all activities regarding the financial reporting process and supports a high-level effective review of financial statements; actively supports management in monitoring sections of the financial statements: revenue, fixed assets and depreciation, salaries and benefits, receivables, payables, overhead, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Hold a degree in finance / business and preferably an accounting designation (CMA, CGA or CA)
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of financial experience
- Experience with consolidation, tax and transfer pricing
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and applications
- IFRS knowledge is preferred
- Excellent command of the English language (both verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills are required as this position interacts with individuals throughout the organization
- Strong leadership and relationship-building skills
- Proven multi-tasking skills
- Possesses strong problem solving skills and process improvement techniques
- Strong ability to handle multiple interruptions
- Flexible and must be able to adapt to changes and new information
- Professional, reliable, and committed
- Self-starter, ability to take initiative
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and Excel
What Sets You Apart:
- You have a passion for financial reporting and related processes and workflows
- You have a solid understanding of GAAP, Finance, Accounting and tax management
- You are comfortable with unstructured fluid environments and seek to drive change
- You’re self-motivated and a self-starter and take pride and ownership of your work
Ethoca offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and the opportunity to work with great people in a high-growth environment.
Please forward your resume and a covering letting to email@example.com with “Senior Accountant ” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com