Scrum MasterToronto, ON
Junior AccountantToronto, Canada
UI Developer (Contract)Toronto, ON
Security and Compliance AnalystToronto, Canada
Senior Manager - Issuer RelationsLondon, UK
Lead Production Operations EngineerToronto, ON
Enterprise Data ArchitectToronto, ON
Analyst - Issuer ServicesToronto, ON
Global Director, Issuer Channel DevelopmentUS or Canada
Java Team LeadToronto, ON
DevOps EngineerToronto, ON
Windows Systems AdministratorToronto, ON
Application Security Specialist - TorontoToronto
Senior Java Web DeveloperToronto, Canada
Bilingual (Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin/Portuguese) Customer Service Representative - Corporate ClientsToronto, ON
Posted: November 14, 2014
Location: Toronto, ON
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Before Ethoca, every day merchants and issuers would identify thousands of confirmed or suspected fraudulent transactions in isolation. They had no way of bridging this costly – and completely avoidable – divide. When Ethoca introduced Ethoca Alerts in 2010, it revolutionized the industry’s approach to fighting ecommerce fraud. Ethoca Alerts closes the information gap between card issuers and merchants, giving merchants unprecedented direct access to issuers’ cardholder-confirmed fraud intelligence. As part of Ethoca’s collaboration-based network, for the first time merchant businesses have a window of opportunity to act on fraud that has already been confirmed by Ethoca’s global network of card issuers.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Dublin and Frankfurt.
Ethoca is looking for an Agile Scrum Master who can help lead software development teams through their journey toward continuous and iterative product development. As a member of the Product Development team, the Scrum Master will be responsible for helping cross-functional teams made up of developers and quality analysts achieve common goals, solve complex business problems and deliver solutions on time. The Scrum Master will coach the team on Agile and Scrum principles with the goal of trending the teams’ productivity upwards.
· Work closely with Product Owners to establish release and sprint delivery goals.
· Manage one or more scrum teams simultaneously.
· Facilitating effective Scrum ceremonies including sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, sprint reviews/demos, retrospectives, product backlog grooming.
· Manage sprint backlog and key project elements - risks, scope and schedule.
· Create and track Release Burndown, Team Velocity and Sprint Burndown charts.
· Ensure user stories and acceptance criteria are clearly defined by Product Owners.
· Manage scope creep during the development sprints.
· Collaborate with the Product Owner to help define acceptance criteria and “Definition of Done” for user stories.
· Identify opportunities for improvement within the Agile process and provide constructive feedback.
· Removing team impediments. Act as a facilitator and communicator to quickly get the team back on track.
· Responsible for ensuring that product delivery commitments are being met.
Required Skills and Experience:
· 3+ years’ experience in Scrum.
· Combination of leadership, team player and decision maker.
· Familiarity with iterative development methodologies, continuous integration and software delivery practices.
· Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills.
· Thorough knowledge of one or more Agile frameworks, preferably in Scrum.
· Software Development background.
· Ability to discuss highly technical issues with developers.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail.
· Experience managing one or more software development teams in a product focused development shop.
Nice to Have:
· Scrum Master Certification (CSM®)
· Knowledge of Agile frameworks other than Scrum such as Kanban, etc.
Toronto (Yonge and Sheppard)
Ethoca offers a competitive compensation package, benefits and the opportunity to work with great people in a high-growth environment.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Scrum Master” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements. You will also want to visit www.ethoca.com.