Software Developer in Test
We are looking to hire software developers that are eager to have a significant influence on our full stack technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns and practices! At Ethoca we are seeking developers that want to implement 100% test automation. Our scrum teams have already transformed, and our automated suites run as part of the Continuous Development pipeline. Our regression suite is 90% automated. We are looking for developers who have a keen eye for quality and attention to detail. The ideal candidate is seeking a technically challenging environment and will strive to continuously improve the test automation frameworks, the test infrastructure and the testing process.
- As an active participant in an Agile/Scrum environment, you are accountable for the testing, quality and usability of the delivered product
- You partner with a cross functional team that includes product managers and other developers to understand new functionality and technology innovations.
- You design test solutions and implement frameworks to advance test automation adoption of the development teams.
- You create reusable automated tests using modern frameworks to verify new features, micro services, APIs, websites and back end systems.
- You create comprehensive and well-structured test cases
- You perform unit testing, integration testing, functional testing and regression testing
- You provide leadership with respect to test automation best practices and implementation, as well as coach and train others.
- You drive continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or technical related degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic, agile environment.
- Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
- Advanced working knowledge of Java.
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG.
- Experience with testing SOAP/REST web APIs.
- Working knowledge of DB2 and/or other relational databases.
- Excellent knowledge of QA principles within SDLC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our Technology Stack
- App Tier – JBoss, Websphere, JEE, Quartz, Springboot, Redis
- Queue - Kafka cluster, Kafka for multidata center support (near future).
- Data Tier – DB2, Cockroach (future), Cassandra (future)
- Testing - Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, Rest Assured, Test Rail, SoapUI, Postman
- Performance Testing: JMeter, New Relic, Zabbix
- Cloud: AWS, Openstack
Investment in your career
Join our team and stimulate your career growth. We have a vast-array of initiatives to continually develop our team and provide a wide variety of opportunities and technologies
- Online learning access to Safari.com
- 10 Personal Training days given to each employee
- Career path advancement planning to expand into new areas and skills
- Monthly knowledge sharing sessions held on a vast array of technical topics lead by our Distinguished Technologists
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Developer in Test” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.