Software Developer in Test
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud and increase payment acceptance through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate.
Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Ethoca is proving that ecommerce should be about one thing: commerce. Fraud and chargebacks disrupt the entire ecommerce payments ecosystem, driving both card issuers and merchants to focus on resolving disputes instead of increasing card acceptance and revenue. Ethoca’s suite of card acceptance and fraud mitigation services changes all that.
Ethoca was founded in 2005, with headquarters in Toronto, and offices in Austin, London, Paris, Phoenix and Melbourne. Through our global network of confirmed fraud and customer dispute data, Ethoca helps more than 5,400 merchants 570 card issuers in 40+ countries stop fraud, eliminate chargebacks, increase acceptance and improve the customer experience every day.
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate.
We want to hire software developers that are eager to have significant influence on a massive technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns and practices!
- Creating, executing, debugging and maintaining automation and manual test scripts
- Creating detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases
- Being an active participant in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Working closely with product managers and developers to understand and test new functionality
- Participating in peer code reviews
- Accountable for the quality and usability of the delivered product
- Performing functional, regression, and unit testing
- Driving continuous improvement in test coverage and test effectiveness
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or technical related degree or equivalent experience
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic environment
- Experience with automation and manual testing of web-based applications
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Advanced working knowledge of Java language
- Experience using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG
- Experience with testing SOAP/REST web APIs
- Experience with language independent data formats like JSON and XML
- Knowledge of DB2 and/or other relational databases
- Experience working in a highly collaborative agile environment
- Working experience implementing test code within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline
- Excellent knowledge of QA principles within SDLC
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Our Tech Stack for Product Delivery
- App Tier – JBoss, Websphere, JEE, Quartz
- Data Tier – DB2, HDFS (future)
- Testing - SoapUI, Postman, Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, Rest Assured, Test Rail
- Performance Testing: JMeter, New Relic
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Developer In Test” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.