Senior Software Developer in-Test
We are looking to hire software developers that are eager to have a significant influence on our full stack technology overhaul using nothing but the best products, patterns and practices! At Ethoca we are seeking developers that want to implement 100% test automation. Our scrum teams achieve in-sprint test automation goals, and our automated suites run as part of the Continuous Development pipeline. Our regression suite is 90% automated. We are looking for developers who have a keen eye for quality and attention to detail. The ideal candidate is seeking a technically challenging environment and will strive to continuously improve the test automation frameworks, the test infrastructure and the testing process.
• Create test plans to achieve the best test approach in collaboration with cross functional teams
• Create comprehensive and well-structured test cases for all test types in scope
• Design automated tests for features
• Independently design and implement modularized, data driven and reusable tests that can be executed on different environments
• Develop, maintain and identify improvements to the automation commons libraries and framework that will be used by the scrum teams
• Troubleshoot defects to resolution to closure
• Ensure test assets are kept up to date and continually evaluated against test objectives (maintain all testing assets)
• Execute automated test suites against the released version of the application with a goal of maintaining 100% test stability
• Support the release process by executing and maintaining test suites for smoke, sanity, regression and operational validation.
• Conduct reviews of test case coverage for any test types in scope to ensure appropriate risk-based testing approach is achieved.
• Conduct peer code reviews, providing feedback around logical implementation, and best practice improvement opportunities around patterns, algorithms, library usage, etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s in Computer Science/ Technical Degree or related equivalent experience.
• Ability to understand new concepts quickly, and apply them accurately through an evolving, dynamic, agile environment.
• Knowledgeable with Continuous Integration & Delivery principles with an eye for automation
• Advanced working knowledge of Java.
• Experience with Selenium WebDriver.
• Experience using testing frameworks like Junit, TestNG.
• Experience with testing SOAP/REST web APIs.
• Working knowledge of DB2 and/or other relational databases.
• Excellent knowledge of QA principles within SDLC.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our Technology Stack:
• App Tier – Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, JEE, Quartz, Springboot, Redis
• Queue - Kafka cluster, Kafka for multidata center support (near future).
• Data Tier – DB2, Cockroach (future), Cassandra (future)
• Testing - Selenium WebDriver, Protractor, Rest Assured, Test Rail, SoapUI, Postman
• Performance Testing: JMeter, New Relic, Zabbix
• Cloud: AWS, Openstack
Investment in your career:
Join our team and stimulate your career growth. We have a vast-array of initiatives to continually develop our team and provide a wide variety of opportunities and technologies
• Online learning access to Safari.com
• 10 Personal Training days given to each employee
• Career path advancement planning to expand into new areas and skills
• Monthly knowledge sharing sessions held on a vast array of technical topics lead by our Distinguished Technologists
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “senior Software Developer in-Test” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements