Senior Linux Operations Engineer
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Senior Linux Operations Engineer team member to join our team and help take on new projects as Ethoca continues to grow. The role will report to the Manager of IT Operations and work closely with the architectural, development & operational teams in the reliable, secure delivery of Ethoca’s services. The role will focus on administering a Linux infrastructure while ensuring Ethoca’s scalability, security, availability, and performance.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment operating production applications, databases and the underlying infrastructure in Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, ideally within the ecommerce space. They will possess a wide variety of technical experience including systems administration, database, networking, storage, security, virtualization, and software deployment. A well-honed instinct for security and reliability is a must.
- Support a constantly expanding, highly available, highly secure, production application infrastructure running on Linux
- Set standards and define detailed procedures
- Ensure daily monitoring and maintenance of Ethoca’s infrastructure
- Be proactive and predictive, plan capacity and avoid incidents
- Embrace DevOps practices & methodologies
- Carefully plan and support migrations, software upgrades and application deployments are completed successfully and without incident
- Provide application and product support and troubleshooting of the Ethoca platform
- Be willing to learn new technologies and assist with architecture and design
- Work efficiently within a high security environment (Ethoca is PCI-DSS Level 1 certified)
- Communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of the organization
Required Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of Linux/Unix experience
- Red Hat JBOSS, Apache Tomcat or IBM Websphere experience
- Chef, Ansible or similar configuration frameworks
- Participate in on-call shifts, our service runs 24/7
- Apache Kafka experience
- VMware vSphere experience
- OpenStack Experience
- AWS Experience
- API support experience
- Security knowledge & experience (Ex. Encryption/Hardening/Certificates/PKI/SSH/VPN)
- Expert problem solver by applying problem analysis methodologies
- Networking experience (Ex. TCP/IP, UDP, Routing, Firewalls, load-balancers)
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent experience
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to email@example.com with “Senior Linux Operations Engineer” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.