WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is shaking up the way online merchants and issuers around the globe combat fraud through collaboration? Do you thrive in an environment that fosters your entrepreneurial spirit and encourages you to take charge of making improvements in your day-to-day role and resulting outcomes? If you’re excited about breakthrough ideas and delivering well beyond expectations, then Ethoca is the place for you. We have already proven ourselves with explosive growth across the largest global online merchants and banks and have a need to expand our team with challengers and thought leaders. We will give you the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to thrive, but only great communicators, problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers need apply. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
THE IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY
To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Senior Accountant to help build out our finance and accounting function within the company. We require someone who understands how to develop finance/accounting functions in an organization of high growth.
SCALABILITY AND OTHER INITIATIVES
- Create a culture within the department that encourages the team to develop tools, processes and systems to automate standard functions, while enabling the delivery of critical financial and operational information in a timely manner to the management of the organization
- Methodically address key challenges within the organization by leading or supporting initiatives that improve internal and external operations
ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT
- Oversee the accounting department and staff to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions
- Manage Fixed asset processing and reporting
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures
- Operate in a multi-currency, multi-company/geography environment, with all the nuances of managing transfer pricing and intercompany transactions across the various entities
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting statements and reports
- Manage and review all month-end closing activities including account reconciliations and statutory filings
- Participate in audits and ensure proper filing of tax returns in all jurisdictions
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions
- Manage commissions process (internal sales and 3rd party)
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues
FINANCIAL PLANNING AND ANALYSIS
- Develop and maintain a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Develop and complete regular analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial results; segregate by business line; compare to budget, etc.
- Develop and implement long-term P&L and capital budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company’s strategic plan
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting
Here’s what you offer:
- A minimum of an accounting designation; an MBA or business degree would be a plus
- At least 3 years as a Senior Accountant or equivalent experience; experience at a software company would be a plus
- Proficiency in end-to-end accounting for multi-entity, multi-country operations, including a reasonable understanding of transfer pricing and tax implications
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated change management capabilities, as would be required in a rapidly growing organization
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of excel, with a very strong focus on logical organization and structure of data and reporting
- Experience with external reporting or BI packages would be a plus
- Implementation experience with a new accounting systems and management of the processes associated with such change would be a plus
- A pragmatic, can-do attitude that gets the job done!
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Accountant” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.