The Product Owner owns and delivers the tactical execution of the product strategy for Ethoca’s core product offering. You work closely with development teams to create the product features that deliver on the strategic plan and further evolve the product. Vital to this will be taking a leadership role within the team and coordinating the requirements from customers and other stakeholders.
- Gather and validate requirements, consulting with product management, development, customers and other stakeholders in the market
- Own the product backlog, ensuring the backlog is prioritized, cleaned and refined
- Decide what to build and what not to build, translating the strategic plan into tactical execution
- Work with others in product management to plan releases that are aligned with overall corporate goals
- Write, modify and validate user stories
- Be an active Scrum team member for key day-to-day activities, such as UAT, clarifying requirements, sharing the business value around features and participating in all Scrum events
- Work with development, QA, security, operations, and data teams to drive delivery of releases
- Provide post-release education via demos, release notes and other documentation
- Assess the impact of delivered features in achieving their desired goals
- Engage customers and end users to elicit feedback around the product ownoffering
- Adapt the product vision & roadmap as Ethoca’s product offering evolves
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or other related area
- 2+ years of experience as a Product Owner, Business Analyst or similar role in an Agile development team
- Experience providing mockups, flow charts and process diagrams, to capture requirements, present solutions, and facilitate discussions
- Proficiency for problem solving and decision making, bolstered through research and analytic capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills especially with technology personnel and customer end users, at all levels of an organization internally and externally
- Experience working within the Payments, Ecommerce, and/or Fraud Management industry a plus
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.
Please forward your resume and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Product Owner” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.