WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is shaking up the way online merchants and issuers around the globe combat fraud through collaboration? Do you thrive in an environment that fosters your entrepreneurial spirit and encourages you to take charge of making improvements in your day-to-day role and resulting outcomes? If you’re excited about breakthrough ideas and delivering well beyond expectations, then Ethoca is the place for you. We have already proven ourselves with explosive growth across the largest global online merchants and banks and have a need to expand our team with challengers and thought leaders. We will give you the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to thrive, but only great communicators, problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers need apply. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
THE IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking an Accounting Clerk who will play an instrumental role in the growth and development of the company. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Clerk role will appeal to someone who can immediately take up A/P and A/R functions and has the potential to grow in the company.
- Proper processing of vendor invoices under multi-currencies & multi-jurisdiction environment
- Identify areas for cost savings
- Assist co-workers to produce accurate & reasonable expenses reports
- Assist AR Specialist with customer collection
- Responsible for review and response of Salesforce tickets (customer inquiries)
- Processing customer payments via credit cards, cheques, ACH
- Work closely with customer support department to settle disputes on invoices
- Discuss with supervisors on proper actions on long overdue accounts
ACCOUNTING AND MANAGEMENT
- Weekly/Monthly Account and Bank Reconciliations
- Assist in monthly invoicing (billing) process
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes
- Prepare for financial audit and assist during the audit process
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Operate in a multi-currency, multi-company/geography environment, and intercompany transactions across the various entities
- Adaptable and flexible in performing other accounting related duties as assigned in order to accommodate changing business needs and work requirements
Here’s what you offer:
- Graduate of a post-secondary program in Accounting/Finance
- 1-3 years of billing, AR and/or AP experience, able to perform full AP & AR functions immediately with minimal guidance
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with NetSuite is an asset
- Familiarity and experience with basic Accounting concepts
- Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy and aptitude for numbers
- Maintain confidentiality
- Use good judgment in all circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to work in a team environment
- Excellent presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
- Self-motivated, with clear ability to work under pressure at times and with minimal supervision
- Able to effectively manage multiple activities of varying complexities while under time constraints
- Solid excellent organizational and documentation skills
At Ethoca, we welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, or any other lawfully protected status in every jurisdiction in which we operate. We are committed to a diverse workforce that provides fair and equal opportunity for all employees and candidates.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Accounting Clerk” in the subject line. We will only be contacting those individuals who we believe are the best potential fit with our requirements.